Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Movie Study

Movie Study
The movie that I wanted to present is called "White Chicks". This movie is about two black detectives who had to go undercover as two white females in order to bust a case. After reading the movie vocabulary passage, i was more aware of the editing. I chose the first three minutes of the movie because the actors did a great job imitading latins. And of course me being latin I knew what they were coming from. When it was time to break down the movie and write about the editting it was horrible. Even though breaking down the first three minutes was horrible, i was pretty amazed. Why? becuase i never knew that in just three minutes there was 65 short frames. I now have a new found respect for movie editors. I can't imagine editing a 2-3 hours movie...you can't even blink 'cause every second counts.


Making Movie

When I started making my raw footage, I thought about the beginning of “White Chicks”. It started out with arial view of a city then proceeded to get closer into the city. I was trying to improvise with what I had, but the only problem I had was that I had no comedians. So I decided to record my son. I am not the best camera recording person but I do like to record. When I go my macbook I was concern about imovie because I had no experience. Once I began to play with it there was no stopping me. I just wish my footage was clearer.

The Result of my imovies

For the most part I was happy with it. Not completely satisfied but happy. After I viewed some of my classmates work I was impressed with few of them. Maybe some of them have had experience with a camcorder and imovie or maybe it was pure dedication. My favorite one was “The Break Up” Although it did not had much sound but the editing was great. Also was the “music video” clip. The images were crisps and it did look like a music video by the way it was edited and recorded.




My influences as an artist


When I was younger I was heavily influenced by Disney movies. The colors, the characters, the clothing, it was everything that Disney created. I remember drawing from Disney’s coloring books or valentine’s cards and showing it off to my family. They thought I traced it. That I even motivated me to draw more and show them that I do have talent. Drawing from Disney’s character helped built my inner desire of becoming an artist and maybe one day working for them.

The main influence of becoming an artist is God. He is the creator of all things. He’s the artist that made roses red, made the rainbow, the beautiful forests and every creature under the sea. It amazes me the vivid colors that he created that we so much try to imitate. If it wasn’t for the art and creation of God then there wouldn’t be any artists. Artists are mostly influence with the serenity of landscapes or the different colors of fruits and vegetables. If it wasn’t for God’s wonderful color palette or creation, then what would have influence the first human artists??

No comments: