Monday, January 29, 2007

light study comment

It was 8 in the morning and my son had me awake since five. Of course at five o'clock it's still dark outside. So when it was 8 i went to the kitchen to make my son a bottle of warm milk. Until i was awakened by this random and beautiful strip of white light. i then decided to take a picture of it because i never really notice a light casting such as this one. I noticed that the light was limited by the edges of the shades thus creating this ray of light. Usually I am more interested in shadows. There's was an ironic movement of this light. It was almost portraying like the shadow of the shade edges but then again it was light. What intrigued me the most of capturing this moment was no just the light itself, but it's movement and the different sizes it casts when the sun moves and the personality it had as if mocking the shadow that wasn't there.

No comments: